What are the best beer quotes? Considering that beer is literally a drink that grew up with civilized society, there’s plenty of great quotes by famous, and not-so-famous people about beer.
There are a few beer quotes that come to mind that everyone seems to have heard of, especially the misquoted Benjamin Franklin quote about beer being proof that God wants us to be happy. (The quote was about wine not beer, but the sentiment is the same!) Anyway, I thought I’d dig around for some other beer quotes to share with you.
I hope you’re inspired, and please share your favorite beer quote with the class!
- “All right, brain, you don’t like me, and I don’t like you, but let’s just get me through this, and I can get back to killing you with beer.” – Homer Simpson
- “The other day I was so desperate for a beer, I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers.” – Homer Simpson
- “Sir, you are drunk!” and ”Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.” – Bessie Braddock and Winston Churchill
- “A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn’t even the courtesy to thank her.” – W.C. Fields
- “Homer no function beer well without.” – Homer Simpson
- “Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer.” – Dave Barry
- “Why is American beer served cold? So you can tell it from urine.” – David Moulton
- “You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer” – Frank Zappa
- “He was a wise man who invented beer.” – Plato
What are some of your favorite beer quotes?